Healthy College Grocery List
Since I started college about 2 years ago (holy moly, time flies) I have developed a steady grocery list that I shop from about once every 2 weeks. (Note: I don’t get ice cream every 2 weeks, haha. I just wanted to put it on there so you guys knew a good dairy-free option!) I keep my grocery store trips around $25 each time, and that works for me because I really only eat at home on weekdays, because I travel on weekends!
I’m going to share that list with you today, so you can follow it if you’d like, but please feel free to make modifications. (Example: If you’re a vegetarian or vegan, you can take off the meat and replace with your favorite source of plant-based protein!)
Also, GREAT NEWS – this list works for ALL grocery stores! I typically get the bulk of my things from Walmart because it’s the most cost-friendly, but I love a good Whole Foods trip just because I love the atmosphere and the quality of their produce. But if you want to hit up Sprouts, HEB, Kroger, Safeway, Publix, whatever your local grocer…go ahead!
Now, here are some really easy meals and snacks I like to prepare with the items on this list!
- Quick oats with banana pieces (topped with cinnamon and brown sugar)
- A smoothie with frozen berries, banana, and almond milk (I’ll toss in spinach if I have it!)
- Banana/egg pancakes….recipe here!
- Buddha bowl with brown rice, beans, bell peppers, avocado, and siracha
- Baked sweet potato with veggies or side salad
- Roasted potato chunks (recipe here) with veggies or side salad
- Veggie wrap on whole wheat tortilla with veggies and hummus
- smoothie with frozen berries, banana, and almond milk
- mini sweet peppers and hummus
- blue corn tortilla chips and hummus
- apple slices or strawberries
- Whole wheat pasta with bell peppers and zucchini
- “Huevos rancheros” 2 eggs over-easy, black beans, and some veggies
- Sweet potato and bean quesadillas: recipe here…I just don’t add cheese and I used mashed sweet potatoes!
- Veggie tacos: recipe here!
Snap me a picture if you get some groceries using this list or prepare a meal I shared! My username on Snapchat is Cristina.snaps 🙂